Products: Paula’s Choice Boosters
Product Claim: Paula’s Choice collection of targeted boosters takes your skincare routine to the next level. Each booster focuses on the unique capabilities of a specific ingredient when used at a higher concentration allowing you to easily customize your skincare regimen and accelerate results.
- C25 Super Booster: Contains 25% pure, stabilized Ascorbic Acid in a silky, rich cream texture that sets to a soft-focus finish. Its controlled-release delivery system helps repair visible skin damage, banishing spots from sun exposure, post-breakouts marks, and other triggers.
- 1% Retinol Booster: A concentrated, pure form of retinol, combined with an assortment of potent antioxidants, in a slow-release delivery system with a light fluid lotion texture. Improves the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, uneven skin tone, bumps, pore size, and other visible signs of aging.
- Hyaluronic Acid Booster: Hydrating gel formula replenishes moisture for a plump, supple and noticeable smoother appearance. Cocktailed with skin-smoothing hyaluronic acid, skin-replenishing ceramides, and panthenol that penetrates skin’s surface to help lock in moisture, to keep skin hydrated and moisturized.
- C15 Super Booster: Features a blend of 15% stabilized vitamin C, skin-stabilizing antioxidants and skin-replenishing ingredients. Combined, they dramatically improve the appearance of uneven skin tone, brighten a dull complexion, and increase firmness.
- Moisture Renewal Oil Booster: Nourishing, non-fragrant plant oils and skin-renewing ceramides provide quick relief to dry skin. The impressively light texture absorbs quickly for all-day comfort and a supremely supple feel. Exceptionally gentle for sensitive skin.
- 10% Niacinamide Booster: A form of Vitamin B3 proven to drastically improve uneven skin tone and refine the appearance of pore size, skin texture and fine lines. The light-as-water texture is designed to dramatically enhance your skincare while providing soothing agents to promote visibly calm skin.
How To Use: Depends on specific booster
Pros: A booster is a targeted skincare product that focuses on the unique capabilities of a particular ingredient that’s used at a higher concentration. Boosters target specific skin concerns like enlarged pores, dehydration, dullness, loss of firmness, and so on. They work with your other skincare products, allowing you to customize your routine so you can quickly achieve the exact results you want. If you’re someone with a range of skincare concerns, don’t worry—it’s fine to use more than one skin-booster. All of Paula’s Choice Skincare boosters are formulated to complement each other. They also work with our leave-on AHA or BHA exfoliants and other anti-aging products (including serums and moisturizers with retinol) so you can build an anti-aging skincare “wardrobe” that works perfectly.
Cons: The only con I’ve found with these boosters is trying to figure out which ones to integrate into my daily routine and which are not ideal for my skin. I try to keep my products in a consistent daily rotation so my skin can adjust accordingly and I can use them continuously to see long-term effects. Since I am strict about using a product start to finish, the challenge with these was finding the right combination of boosters, mixing with my already-established routine.